Industrial Engineering (Turkish)
To educate industrial engineers who have acquired their learning and research skills in an environment sup-ported by advanced technology intertwined with the industry, are competent enough to use their knowledge effectively on the day they graduated, who are prone to team work, are entrepreneurs, have ethical values, and are sensitive to environmental and social problems.
To be a reputable department that hosts experts in their fields,has international recognition, provides research and education environment that will create added value for future technologies in industrial engineering, con-ducts R & D in international standards.
Applied Education Model
OSTIM Technical University was established in providing business and financial center have made remarkable contributions in Turkey’s industrialization. In addition to theoretical knowledge, practical training is given importance in order to benefit from this knowledge. Beginning from the first grade, students will receive practical training at workplaces one day a week starting from the second semester in order to gain observation, application, innovation and management skills in the business environment.
Entrepreneurship scorecard, which is based on providing entrepreneurship mentality, equipment and skills to OSTIM Technical University students, is a follow-up method that allows the evaluation of the performance of each student in the university according to some predetermined or subsequently accepted entrepreneurial actions and in case of passing a certain stage. For our students who have achieved a certain success rate in the Entrepreneurship scorecard, our school will be given support and awards such as start-up capital support for their design, product, service or project, job opportunities, finding and contacting partners in OSTİM Technopark, and internship opportunities abroad.
Lessons that Make a Difference
In the Electrical and Electronics Engineering education and training program, which aims to enable our students to easily adapt to university life, consists of various activities to be presented in addition to their academic studies, intellectual curiosity, which helps students to become active individuals with programs that will help students achieve their goals and contribute to their personal development, There are courses such as Introduction to University Life, Building the Future, Entrepreneurship Project that create awareness about taking sensitivity and responsibility, gaining entrepreneurial qualities such as innovation-realization, commercialization and corporation.
Our Contribution to Our Country and the World
• To train graduating engineers who can easily adapt and participate in the speed of globalization, innovations and technological developments, think strategically and analytically and make decisions in this way,
• To produce knowledge through quality scientific research in priority areas and to present original solutions for various problems by transferring this knowledge to students, production areas and other segments of society,
• To contribute to the development of our country’s industry and technology with original projects in the fields of engineering,
• To contribute to the industry to produce high added value, to increase competitiveness and to guide the economic, technological, social and cultural development of our country,
• To enrich education and training principles and models in our country and in the world with innovative approaches.