Software Engineering (Turkish)
OSTİM Technical University Software Engineering Department students welcome you to the Software Engineering department you prefer to have a valid profession not only in Turkey but also all over the world. You, as the first students of our Software Engineering department, are very valuable to us. Although we have to start the first education period with distance education in a pandemic environment, we are committed to giving you a world-class education. In this context, we will offer you modern education and training techniques in our country and in the world by enriching them with innovative methods accompanied by new technologies. Software Engineering has become a sector that is needed in every field from communication technologies to automation of our production industry, from cyber security and artificial intelligence to cloud computing, especially devices and systems that facilitate our daily life in our rapidly digitizing world in recent years. The need for software engineers grows exponentially every year. OSTİM Technical University Software Engineering Department set out to train experienced software engineers who have the knowledge and experience to meet this need, to work in these fields the day they graduate. In particular, the acquisition of algorithmic thinking skills, up-to-date programming languages such as Python, Java, C, C++ and R, the preparation of machine learning and artificial intelligence programs, the acquisition of modeling and object-based analysis and design skills for the preparation of large-scale software systems, the training of software development methodologies lessons will be given. As our Software Engineering students, you will reinforce your knowledge by applying the knowledge you have learned in school laboratories, not only through theoretical lessons, and 4 years later, on the day you graduate, you will leave the door of our university as an engineer prepared for professional life. As Software Engineering graduates, especially in Defense Industry companies, Finance, Information Security, Artificial Intelligence, Game and Animation sector, Virtual Reality Augmented Reality (VR / AR) companies; You will be qualified to work in professions such as Software Development Engineer, Software Test Engineer, Software System Design Engineer, Data Analyst. Our university will start the 2020-2021 Academic Year as of October 5, 2020. Our department curricula will be supported by online education and department course schedules will be shared with you on the department web pages very soon. You can access the details about the academic calendar and all the information you are looking for on our website. I wish all our Software Engineering Department students good health, success and happiness.
To train software engineers who have gained learning and research skills in an environment supported by advanced technology intertwined with industry, are competent enough to use their knowledge effectively on the day of graduation, and are sensitive to environmental and social problems.
To be a reputable department that hosts expert scientists in the field, provides research and education environment that will create added value for future technologies in computer engineering, and makes R & D and productions in national and international criteria
Applied Education Model
OSTIM Technical University was founded in the basin provides business has contributed to Turkey’s industrialization. In this basin, a participatory training will be given to practical applications by giving importance to practical training besides theoretical knowledge in order to benefit from the knowledge and project making and product development experiences of the companies in this basin. Students will receive practical training in the 2-7 semesters starting from the first year in order to gain the skills of observation, being a participant of the application, innovation and management skills in the application environment of the giant companies which are ranked in the field of defense industry, especially in OSTİM enterprises worldwide.
Entrepreneurship scorecard, which provides the entrepreneurship mentality, equipment and skills to OSTIM Technical University students, is a follow-up procedure that enables the evaluation of the performance of each student in the university according to some predetermined or subsequently accepted entrepreneurial actions and in case of passing a certain stage.
For our students who have achieved a certain payroll in the Entrepreneurship report card, our school will provide support and awards such as start-up capital support for the design, product, service or project they have established, job opportunities in OSTİM Technopark, finding and contacting partners, and internship opportunities abroad.
Lessons that Make a Difference
In the education program of our department, it is aimed to enable our students to adapt to university life easily. There are courses such as Introduction to University Life, Building the Future, Entrepreneurship Project, which create awareness about purchasing, gain entrepreneurial qualities such as innovation-realization, commercialization and corporatization.
Our Contribution Targets to Our Country and the World
• To educate graduates who can easily adapt to and participate in the speed of globalization, innovations and technological developments, think strategically and analytically and make decisions in this way, who are competent in the field of technology development and technology application, R & D and product development in the international arena, and sought in national and international markets.
• To produce information through qualified scientific research in priority areas and to present original solutions for various problems by transferring this information to students, production areas and other segments of society,
• To develop country and region by producing original projects, ideas and products in the field,
• To produce solutions to social problems in cooperation with different segments of the society and to contribute to the social life of the society through social responsibility projects and cultural / artistic and sporting activities,
• To work as a part of the solution of social and economic problems in the world in cooperation with international public institutions / organizations and non-governmental organizations and to take an active role in the development of policies related to these issues,
• To contribute to the industry to produce high added value, to increase competitiveness and to guide the economic, technological, social and cultural development of our country,
• To enrich education and training principles and models in our country and in the world with innovative and creative approaches.